Deputies are available for private hire during their off-duty hours at the request of citizens, organizations, and businesses. These deputies can assist the community by providing law enforcement services relating to crowd control, traffic control, and security. Deputies are available on short notice, long-term placements, and for all your security needs. Deputies may be hired for the following:
- Traffic control and pedestrian safety
- Crowd control
- Civic celebrations
- Construction sites
- Job safety
- Private functions
- Social events
- Store sales events
- Security and protection of life and property
- Exercise of routine law enforcement
All details have a $2.00 per hour administrative fee and will be billed at a 4-hour minimum regardless of the need. The following rates apply:
- Tier 1 – $37.00 per hour plus administrative fee.
- Tier 2 – $47.00 per hour plus administrative fee.
- Tier 3 (Holiday) – $52.00 per hour plus administrative fee.
- Tier 4 – State Contract or Negotiated Rate. Must speak directly with the Professional Compliance Inspector for approval.
Note: Events requiring five (5) or more deputies will require a supervisor. The supervisor’s rate of pay is higher depending on the number of deputies on the detail. An 8% management/convenience fee is charged by the vendor (RollKall).
How to Schedule an Off-Duty Detail
Clients may request the off-duty detail by using one of the following options:
- Phone – 855-554-1520
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online – https://go.rollkall.com/okaloosa-co-sheriff-office-hire-a-deputy
Please submit your off-duty request as soon as possible to allow enough time for staffing. For scheduling timelines, see General Order 09.02 – Extra Duty Employment in references. All jobs must be paid in full, either ACH or credit card (fees apply), before the scheduled event. Payments are processed directly through RollKall.
Before the event, confirm if a deputy has volunteered to work the off-duty detail by calling RollKall at 1-855-554-1520 or by contacting the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office at 850-651-7410.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to cancel any extra-duty assignment without prior notice due to unforeseen emergencies. An 8% management/convenience fee is charged by RollKall.