Sheriff Larry Ashley is committed to providing all Okaloosa County citizens and visitors with the best possible law enforcement services available. The Office of Professional Standards plays a critical role in safeguarding this partnership. The unit is responsible for reviewing and/or investigating all allegations of misconduct made against members of the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office and in essence is the quality control mechanism for the agency. To ensure public trust and maintain the integrity of the Sheriff’s Office, the Office of Professional Standards conducts timely, thorough, and objective investigations. As a means for the continual improvement of law enforcement services, the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office seeks citizen input regarding questions or complaints and welcomes commendations of employees who excel in the performance of their duties.
As a part of our ongoing efforts to educate and promote awareness of our procedures, the informational brochure and form on the Commendation and Complaint process of the agency is provided for your convenience. By receiving citizen input regarding the quality of Sheriff’s Office services:
- The agency becomes better informed on community concerns and employee performance;
- Helps identify employee training needs; and
- Gives the agency an opportunity to discuss citizen perceptions of service with the employee and supervisor.
Office hours for the Office of Professional Standards are Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm. You may also send an email to OPS@sheriff-okaloosa.org.
- 2017 Statistical Summary for Administrative Investigations Report
- 2016 Statistical Summary for Administrative Investigations Report
- 2015 Statistical Summary for Administrative Investigations Report
- 2014 Statistical Summary for Administrative Investigations Report
- Commendation-Complaints Brochure
- Commendation and Complaint Form