- Vehicle Dynamics
- Human Factors
- Responsibility and Liability
- Effects of Drugs and Alcohol
- Night Driving
- Aggressive Driving
TDC students are required to have a Florida Learner’s Permit or a valid Florida Operator’s License and have use of an automobile they usually operate during the driving exercises.
- Must be between 15-19 years old.
- Must have a valid Learner’s Permit or Florida Operators License
- If the student holds a Learner’s Permit, the student must hold their permit 6 months before taking the course.
- Students must provide their own car. The Sheriff’s Office will not provide cars for this program.
TDC UPCOMING CLASSES
- Classroom Portion – Friday, September 22, 2017 from 5:00-9:00 p.m. at the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Administration Building
- Driving Portion – Saturday, September 23, 2017 morning session from 7:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. or afternoon session from 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. at Northwest Florida State College Driving Range.
- Classroom Portion – Friday, October 6, 2017 from 5:00-9:00 p.m. at the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Administration Building
- Driving Portion – Saturday, October 7, 2017 morning session from 7:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. or afternoon session from 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. at Northwest Florida State College Driving Range.
Future class dates will be posted here when they become available. Please direct all questions, comments or requests for information to the TDC Point of Contact:
Holly Esneul – 850-259-3116 – email@example.com
The following forms are required for participation in the Teen Driver Challenge program:
Due to a high demand for the Teen Driver Challenge course and limited seating (14 per class), two attempts will be made to notify the student / guardian of their class date the week before the class. If the student’s attendance is not confirmed, they will be dropped from the class and will need to reapply.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Complete the Teen Driver Challenge Sign Up Form
Typically, one class is scheduled per month. The Sheriff’s Office keeps a waitlist on file. Therefore, automatic placement into a class date is not guaranteed upon submission of the Teen Driver Challenge Sign Up Form.
Print and fill out the following forms and bring them the first day of class:
- Parental Permission Form and Release of All Claims
- Seat Belt Convincer Waiver
- Student Statement of Voluntary Participation and Release of All Claims
- OCSO TDC Forms Checklist
- TDC Text Free Driving Pledge
You will be contacted via e-mail or telephone from the OCSO if your teen is confirmed in a class spot.
Forms may require PDF reader to view and/or print. Download and install a free version of Acrobat Reader from Adobe’s website by following this link.
Day 1 – Classroom Topics
Location: Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Headquarters – Training Room at 50 2nd Street, Shalimar, FL 32579
When: Fridays from 5pm – 9pm
Day 2 – Driving Range Exercises
Location: Northwest Florida State College Driving Course at 100 College Blvd., Niceville, FL 32578
When: Saturdays from 7am – 12pm (Morning Session) or 12pm – 5pm (Afternoon Session)
Contact Holly Esneul by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 850-259-3116
Related Links and Info
- For more info about the FSA Teen Driver Challenge, click here to visit the website.
- Autos and the Dangers of Distracted Driving
- Sheriff Ashley supports the Text Free Driving Pledge
- Helpful information about improving teen driver safety and lowering insurance rates can be found via The Simple Dollar
- Driving While Intexticated
Sponsors Needed for TDC
Want to sponsor the Teen Driver Challenge? Send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information.
Thank you to the these Teen Driver Challenge Contributors:
- Jay Odom
- NWFSC Criminal Justice Training Center
- Bay Chrysler, Panama City
- Lenny’s Sub Shop
- O’Reilly’s Auto Parts
- Niceville Wal Mart
- Majic Muffler of N.W.FL
- Niceville Chick-fil-A
- Niceville Subway
- State Farm Insurance – Frank Walker Agency
- Giff’s Sub Shop of Fort Walton Beach
- Firehouse Subs of Destin
- Auto Zone on Eglin Pkwy