Notice to Persons Regarding Collection of Social Security Numbers
The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office collects Social Security Numbers of persons who:
- Apply for employment or are employed by this Office;
- Apply to qualify with a firearm pursuant to HR 218, the Nationwide Concealed Carry Act for Retired Law Enforcement Officers;
- Apply to volunteer with this Office;
- Are arrested or contacted for investigative reasons by this Office;
- Are fingerprinted by this Office, or;
- Provide the information for any other purpose.
For the performance of duties and responsibilities prescribed by law; the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office collects Social Security Numbers for the following reasons, but not limited to:
- To verify identity.
- To conduct employment background investigations.
- For wanted person, driver’s license, and criminal history queries.
- For payroll purposes.
- For any other purpose deemed imperative for the performance of duties and responsibilities prescribed by law.
Please note: The Public Records Law protects Social Security Number from being given out to the public.