- Current Employment Opportunities
- Equal Opportunity Employment Plan
- Auxillary Aids Plan – OCSO & Domestic Violence Programs
Brief Description of Duties:
The duties of this position require a constitutional law enforcement officer to
bear arms and be proficient in their use, patrol areas of Okaloosa County to
preserve peace, prevent and discover criminal acts, as well as respond to calls
for service and prepare written reports concerning involvement in the duties
- Florida Certified Law Enforcement Officer.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- US Citizen.
- Not convicted of any felony or misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement as an adult. Good moral character as determined by a background investigator.
- Pass Physical Ability Test.
- Qualify with a semi-automatic handgun.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of a deputy sheriff.
- Must establish residency in Okaloosa County upon accepting employment.
- Physical Abilities Test
- Firearms Qualifications
- Drug Screen
- Fingerprint Scan
- Polygraph Test
- Medical and Psychological Exams
- Background Investigation
- Oral Review Board
Final selection is based on availability of positions.
If you are interested in applying for a Deputy Sheriff position, please complete
the online Law Enforcement application.
For more information please contact our Human Resources Office at (850) 651-7410 or email HR@sheriff-okaloosa.org.
Starting Salary: $36,691.20
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate. Preference is given to certain veterans and their spouses as provided by Florida Statute 295.
Please Note: Hiring process is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, which includes drug screening, polygraph and medical physical.
The duration of the hiring process is approximately 6 to 8 weeks for both sworn and civilian positions.
BENEFITS: (Full Time Employees)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan under the Florida State Retirement System
- Annual leave, sick leave, military leave and paid Holidays
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: